With Website@School you can create websites. It is a Website Content Management System (CMS). With a CMS you can build, manage and maintian websites. Website@School is specially built for primary education. It
integrates reading and writing with the basics of coding.
Its main features are:
Please check chapter Preface, paragraph 3. Who should not use Website@School? to find why
our CMS might not be what your organization is looking for.
- It is a tool for pupils to get hands on experience with Information and
Communication Technologies (ICT) and learn management skills in a
secure and robust environment.
- It's also a fully equipped Conten Managemnt System (CMS)
to build high quality websites for institutions, welfare
organizations, some companies and last but not least: schools.
- It's made for international collaboration and translated
in 25+ languages.
- Its management is completely accessible for blind- and
visually impaired users.
- Website@School is about freedom and independence: it's free, it uses Open Standards, it is built as Open Source Software, it has a license that guards your freedom (General Public License).
- Comprehensive, fully illustrated documentation for teachers and pupils. Extensive documentation for developers. Excellent
Author: Dirk Schouten <dirk (at) websiteatschool (dot) eu>
Last updated: 2015-03-16, version 1.19